Group Programs funded by Medicare for patients with Type 2 Diabetes – please see referral form here, or use our online referral form.
Patients referred under this Medicare funded service are eligible for 8 Exercise Physiology group sessions. Please contact us or speak with your GP to see if you're eligible.
These 8 group sessions can be in addition to individual Chronic Disease Management session allocation.
Individual Programs funded by Medicare – please see referral form here, or use our online referral form.
Patients referred under this Medicare funded service can access up to 5 Exercise Physiology sessions per calendar year. Please contact us or speak with your GP to see if you're eligible.
For patients with Type 2 diabetes these 5 individual sessions are in addition to their group session allocation.
Type 2 Diabetes Exercise Groups under Medicare
What are they?
- Exercise classes specifically designed for people with type 2 diabetes
- Safe and effective at helping you lower your blood glucose levels
- Facilitated by tertiary qualified, highly trained Exercise Physiologists
Who can participate?
- Anyone diagnosed with type 2 diabetes or prediabetes may join with or without a doctors referral
- Anyone with co-morbid conditions like osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, chronic back or neck pain and respiratory problems (COPD, Asthma)
What kind of exercises will I do?
- Your specific exercises will depend on your level of function and any other injuries or conditions you may have
- A combination of resistance, cardio-vascular, Pilates, core stability, balance and range of motion exercises will be prescribed to your specific goals.
- Each session costs $25 with $16.95 refundable through Medicare (with appropriate referral from your GP)
Each participant in the exercise group is assessed as part of their induction into the group based on medical history, exercise tolerance and current nutrition. Goal setting and lifestyle change play a huge role in the individual success of each participant in this program.
Course times and locations
Tuesday 9.30am &
Thursday 9am & 6pm
To discuss how we can help you (obligation free), please contact us.